Saturday, February 2, 2013

Abandoned gifts ♥


Words are a very interesting thing indeed, I have always been very fascinated by them; some people may ask me why would that be? Well, my reply would be beyond simple; our life is all about words, they get to form our lives, we are always searching for “love”, always hoping for “success”, continuously chasing our “dream”, knocked down by “betrayal”, constantly fighting “loss” and last but not least, all of the world agreed on one fact which is “death”.

Recently, I have been caught up in the word “ruin”; it was like a riddle to me, always thinking about it, and how fascinating that word might turn out to be, so I looked up in the dictionary for its definition, and what I’ve found out was that “ruins” means “The remains of something destroyed, disintegrated, or decayed”. And the interesting thing would be that the verb “ruin” by itself means “to destroy completely”. Frankly, that what made me think of the various points of view that the word itself carries around within its structure; on one hand we have the act itself which is ruin, and on the other hand we have the result that comes out of the act which is ruins, and I felt like if the word itself was talking to us, it would say “I have them both, and you are the only one who get to choose which one are you going to go by in life, either you are going to focus on the act of ruining itself and choose to cry over the spoilt milk and ruin your soul, or are you going to focus on your soul ruins and put them back together and redeem yourself?!!” let me say, that is the question that life asks us, and we ask ourselves every single time when we are knocked down in the bottom of the world, and the answer is it’s our choice, only we get to choose what this word will stand for in our lives, and which definition would be for us and only we get to live by that choice and take in the responsibility for it.  

All of us have been put into this kind of situation, who on earth hasn’t been knocked down, who hasn’t fall or failed or lost or ruined or felt that his own heart is about to be ripped out of his chest and he is about to lose his own life like a ricked home?!! All of us have, and all of us will, that’s how life goes by, it’s natural, but it is not natural at all to ruin ourselves!! It is not normal to get caught up into the ruins, and not change them into motivation to start all over again, it is not normal to chain ourselves to the fact that we got ruined by life, and it is not normal nor ok if we neglect the fact that we can change those ruins into strength that helps us continue up all the way through to be reborn and relive again.

“‘Ruin’ is a gift, ‘ruin’ is the road for transformation”; that has helped me put my soul ruins up together and be reborn again every single time life has knocked me down. Either, that act of ruining was losing someone, failing, regret or putting so much of high expectations on someone not worth it at all…etc. And every single time, I get knocked down, I stay in my bed for a couple of days, or for a week or even for months crying, wondering why that happened to me?!! But also every single time I confront myself with the fact that if I let myself get caught up into this kind of mess, I will lose my life, so I choose to go by the first meaning of the word “ruins”, those little pieces that I gather around together to redeem myself and save my life because life worth saving, and I do really appreciate the ruins for being in my life more than I can even remember and for being such a wonderful and gracious gift.

So, what are the so called ruins? They are the broken little pieces of us when we are smashed like a broken glass, when we feel like we stand no chance, when we feel like the sun won’t rise, and we won’t last, that is the so called ruins. They are the left homes, like our souls when life turns its back upon us, abandoned, venerable, and just smashed. They are the little pieces of paper that we tell our secrets and pains to when we are broken, that we hide in the back of our wardrobes or in little buried boxes and leave them there frozen, abandoned, left but not forgotten, that is the so called ruins. The so called ruins are little ones, and little ones need to be loved, even if they are just ruins and smashed, but if they don’t mean a thing to us, then to whom would they mean a thing?!! They are our own ruins, our own abandoned gifts, the ones that get us to stand a chance, a chance of survival, a chance of rebirth, a chance of reliving again, the ones that get us to last, so that’s why they get to be loved, cherished, and kept within our hearts and souls. So again, what are the so called ruins? They are the precious little pieces of our souls, when life confronts us with the reason of our being, when life wants us to remember the strength within our souls, when life gets to make us get the chance of knowing our real truth, when life knocks us down, life wants us to get outside of our bodies and see how our lives are, wants us to pick up the so called ruins, collect them and put them away with the so called our old ruins abandoned in our hearts to make us remember how we did make it in the very first time when we got smashed, got broken and got knocked down, wants us to know that we did alright, that we are brave enough, good enough, smart enough not to ruin or lose or abandon our precious lives,  Because life is Allah’s precious gifts to us and gifts don’t get to be lost, yet they get to be appreciated, kept and well cherished.
                                                  
                                                                     Saturday, 02 February, 2013, 10: 46 am

No comments:

Post a Comment