Sunday, January 27, 2013

A moment of pure joy ♥





Life has its ups and downs, people fall down and stumble, but they move back up again, at least some of them still do. Hardships are the challenges that confront us within our path, and they make us question ourselves, blame them, beat them up, and even bruise them, but we can never hold ourselves up, look forward and walk down the road without fixing our souls and making peace with ourselves. No matter how hard we tried we can never be “healthy” again and fully recovered from our soul bruises unless we made a decision that we can continue and we are not stopping.

To tell the truth, I have faced one of the most excruciating hardships in my entire 21 year old life; I couldn’t write a word!! Yes, I could not!! For more than a week I could not hold a pen to write a single word, as a matter of fact I couldn’t even open a new word document even to try, I didn’t have the courage to do!! When I had an idea, I was typing it down using my mobile, and the most painful thing I faced during this hardship was that I had like a million idea to talk about and share, but I just could not find the right words!! For more than a whole week, nearly two weeks now, I could not, it was impossible for me to write more than a couple of sentences about my new idea!! And let me tell you, that was a huge pain I was experiencing within my heart, because I could not speak up my mind through my words!! I could not express what was going on with my soul, the things that no one knows about, but I usually have no problem writing about them. I bet some people as they are reading this right now say ironically:" not capable of writing is one of her most excruciating hardships?!! What a psycho!!" But ironically, yes, it was, and that is because I consider writing as the window that I stand up in, letting my breath the only one that is heard, and me just standing there soaking into the sun, letting go of all of my inner soul bruises, writing is my healer, my psychiatrist, it is really the only thing that is giving me the opportunity to be free, writing gives me freedom, freedom from all of the pain, the hurt, the people, life cuffs that are holding my soul down and keeping my heart from flying and smiling, and that is why I named this blog “P.S. Freedom writings”, because that is what these writings do to me, they are freeing my soul. And that what made this hardship so painful, because my soul was held in cuffs, I couldn’t cry out for help, I could not yell, I just could not write!! 

Until the moment I decided to write, it was the most liberating decision I have ever made, that I will open a new word document and I will write, no matter what, I will write now, not tomorrow or the day after, and not about the million ideas that I have been holding up to in my mind, I decided that I will write about what I am writing about now, with a very sincere heart in every single word and every single letter. I decided I will no longer experience this sort of writing sickness that I had, I will no longer miss writing as I did, I just made a decision that came out of my heart.  

So I prepared a cup of tea, with cream and a half spoon of sugar, with a cup of water, on my mother’s silver tray, like I was some sort of a professional writer or something, and played a sound track I named “peace of mind”, muted the TV, and sat down with a smile, not just a face smile, but a heart smile too, the kind of smile that makes your soul smile, that makes your heart beats so fast and so calm in the same time, that makes your eyes tear up out of joy, that makes you hold your breath, fearing that if you breathe once more, you may lose it, this kind of smile, the smile that you have when you are in love, when you are satisfied, when you are purely happy, when you are having a moment of pure joy.

I couldn’t really know what was holding me back, and keeping me from writing, maybe I was tired and I wanted to stop, maybe because I was bruised, maybe because I lost some dear people to my heart and I know deep down that I will never have them again, and I will never let myself do so neither, maybe because I was angry, and maybe because I could not make a single decision, because I doubted myself, I said over and over again I could not do it, and I do not deserve to live this joyful writing experience, I beat myself and punished my soul with keeping it cuffed, prisoned, held back. But I realized I made a huge mistake, because I was not moving forward, I was standing still, I was suffering, was wasting time, time I cannot have it back bruising myself even more, so the moment I decided I was going to write, the moment I decided to let go…

Remember when I told you that no matter how hard we tried we can never be “healthy” again and fully recovered from our soul bruises unless we made a decision that we can continue and we are not stopping. This is all it takes, and by “it” I mean life, decisions, either we convince ourselves that we are going to fail and fall, or we are going to stand up again and do it. And this reminds me of an ancient wisdom story about a Japanese emperor, that had a habit of flapping a coin in front of his army before any war, and tells them that if it was a head, this means they are going to win this war, but if it was a tail, they are going to lose it, and wonderfully every single time it was a head, and they won every battle, and day after another the Japanese emperor was very sick, and while he was on his death bed, his son came to him asking for that magical coin that made them win every single battle, so he handled that coin to his son, and his son was very surprised at that moment finding out that the coin’s both sides were heads!! So he asked his father with his heart full of doubt: “what am I going to tell our army; that their great emperor is a decisive one?!!” so the great emperor smiled and told him: “I did not deceive any of you, life is full of battles, and you only have two choices while you are confronting them; either you win or you win, failure only occurs when you think about failing, and winning happens when you believe in it”. We are never defeated, unless we give up.

I just read that story yesterday, and once I have read it, I knew something has changed within me for the rest of my life, I felt it. And that was another decision; the decision of believing that I can win my own battles and it doesn’t matter if I lost one or two, as long as I have sincerely tried with all my heart, and here I am finishing the most liberating article I have ever written in my whole life, winning this battle of how I can really hold myself back up again, how to let go and move on with my heart smiling, and my tear full eyes out of a moment of pure joy.

                                                                              Sunday, 27 January, 2013, 7:10 am

No comments:

Post a Comment